Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kids say the darndest things....

My ten year old daughter never ceases to amaze me. Some days I have to take her with a grain of salt, she has ADHD and can dance on my last nerve with just the right steps until I'm ready to pack all her things and move her in with her Uncle Mike (whom she adores by the way....I swear she thinks he hung the moon and did it just for her, of course). Other times I have to stop and thank God for putting this beautiful miracle in my life and reminding me just how precious she is. Yesterday was Wednesday and for us that means evening services at our church and on Wednesday nights before our preacher brings the message we go over prayer requests. Last night I found out that one of our church members is in the hospital with what they think is a heart attack or stroke. Normally I would just right down this persons name with the rest of the requests and pray for them, usually without a second thought.....and I know that must sound like I really don't care that much but I do, trust me. It's just that some of the people on our list have been on there forever, mostly because we have quite a few elderly members. But this man that now lays in the hospital is about my age AND just happens to be the man that my daughter likes to sit with every Sunday Morning. During all of our services unless we are having a special, the church offers some type of class for the children. So during our prayer request time, Danyelle was in her class and did not find out about her Sunday morning friend until after services, on our way out to eat my mother and I tell her he's in the hospital because something maybe wrong with his heart. Without a second thought and not realizing what it would mean for her, she turns to my mom and says, "Could I give him my heart?"

1 comment:

Princess LadyBug said...

I hope her friend gets better soon. And I hope she never changes.

Tell her Aunt Re loves her and misses her bunches and bunches.