Friday, September 15, 2006

First Word???

Ok, I'm not sure when your children actually start talking or learn to talk. The so-called experts have their opinions, all of your friends who have children have their opinion and of course your parents have theirs. My son, JC is 8 months old and for a while now has been babbling, most of it consist of babababa, nananana, dadadada, yayayaya, mamamama, papapapa, lalalala and so on. I've been, of course trying to get him to say Momma and my mother was before she went on vacation. She came home on Thursday and the first night they were back we all went over to their house to welcome them home. Sitting around the table, my mom's holding him and still trying to get him to say Momma. At one point everyone at the table was quiet and he said it, Mmmmmoooommmmaaaaaaaaaaa! NOT mamamama, he really and truly said Momma. Everyone heard him, so I do have witnesses, lol. And ever since that night he's said it quite a few times and whenever anyone says Momma or where's Momma to him he looks around for me. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Princess LadyBug said...

That is awesome!!! Being my nephew, now you'll never get him to shut up. :P